When you think about safari the first thing that comes to mind is game viewing from an open vehicle. Besides that there are other possibilities, here 8 ways to see animals.
1. Visit the Kruger Park. Go out in your own (rental) car to find game or book a day trip to Kruger Park with a guide.
2. Explore nature by foot accompanied by an armed guide during a bush walk. The emphasis lies on the small animals, trees and tracks, since the bigger animals are difficult to approach on foot. In the Kruger Park you can do walking trails of several days.
3. Glide above the reserves in a hot air balloon and experience a safari from the sky. Afterwards a breakfast is served.
4. Go on a horseback safari. Although there are horseback safaris in Big Five reserves, this is only for experienced riders. Close to Hoedspruit however, there is a small reserve with plains game where all people are welcome and you can do a horseback safari without having experience riding horses. It is magnificent to stand just metres away from giraffes, wildebeests and impala’s.
5. Do a micro light flight. With a small open aircraft you fly above the reserves for a safari from the air.
6. Make a boat trip on the Blyde dam. Watch hippos, crocodiles and water birds from the water. The dam lies in a nature conservation area where there are antelopes, monkeys and baboons.
7. Do a classical game drive in an open vehicle with a guide. Here in Balule the game drives last three hours and you will stop along the way for a drink. In the morning there is coffee or tea with rusk and in the afternoon there is a cooler box with beer, wine or soft drinks for the so called “sun downer”.
8. Off course you can also have a relaxing day and watch animals passing by from your terrace of a lodge in a Big Five reserve.
There are enough possibilities. From our Ku Sungula Safari Lodge you can do all these activities, or you could relax at the pool for a day and watch giraffes in our backyard…